12 Jun High Protein Lunch Bean, Bacon & Walnut Salad
Looking for a high protein lunch that is healthy, tasty and really simple to make, then try our recipe. This high protein lunch will keep you full up for hours!
INGREDIENTS – High Protein Lunch
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 15.5-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 Bulbs Garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Mature Cheddar Cheese
- Stalk Celery chopped
- Orange Bell Pepper diced.
- Cook the bacon in a large pan over medium heat until crisp, 12 to 15 minutes; crumble, cover, and set aside at room temperature.
- Next fry garlic until soft then add chopped walnuts for 2-3 minutes.
- Add celery and pepper and cook until soft. Can also be eaten raw.
- Toss altogether with the beans, vinegar, oil, and mustard and season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Just before serving, toss with the chives, cheese and bacon.