12 Jun High Protein Dinner – North African Chicken, Tomato and Almond Tray Bake
This high protein dinner is great as its a dish you can prepare, stick it all in a tray and its cooked in 40 mins! Very quick and easy for all us busy mums.
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken thigh
- 3 medium red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 500g small red potato, cut into thick slices or a sweet potatoe
- 2 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thick slices
- 4 Ripe Tomatoes
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, smoked paprika and fennel seeds, slightly crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 50g whole blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 170g tub 0% Greek yogurt, to serve
- small handful parsley or coriander, chopped, to serve
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the chicken, onions, potatoes and peppers in a large bowl and season. in another bowl, mix together the garlic, spices, oil, and lemon zest and juice. Pour this over everything and spread the mixture between 2 baking trays.
- Roast for 40 mins, turning over after 20 mins, until the chicken is cooked through. Add the almonds for the final 8 mins of cooking. Serve in bowls with a big dollop of Greek yogurt and some chopped parsley or coriander.
Image Courtesy of BBC Good Food