11 Jan Top Secret Weight Loss Tips – 2017
It’s a new year, so we thought we’d share our secret weight loss tips, as you are probably in full on diet mode. Whether that means starving yourself on sparrow-sized portions or surviving on a diet of pureed vegetables, the chances are you’re having a miserable time.
Our secret weight loss tip for 2017 you’ll be pleased to know are none of the above! Our top secret to noticeable and sustainable weight loss is protein, protein, protein. It’s the key ingredient that could make all the difference to your exercise and nutrition regime for 2017.
Whether you haven’t started exercising at all yet or you’ve been banging out the sessions but are failing to see the results – protein is the answer. We all know the saying that its 20 exercise and 80% diet..
Have protein with every meal
Proteins are the building blocks for life, they help you repair and create cells, including muscle, and building muscle should be the most critical element of your weight loss/toning goal, if you want to see the results you desire.
Most women probably aren’t getting enough protein in their diets full-stop, never mind adding an exercise program into the mix and, if you don’t eat enough protein, you will not gain lean muscle mass, simple as that. It’s muscle that burns fat, so the more muscle you have, the less fat you will have.
Eating protein throughout the day and especially within an hour after exercise fuels that muscle growth and helps you to become stronger, faster and fitter.
You’re probably aware that protein is found in animal sources such as meat, milk, fish and egg, as well as plant sources including soy, beans, nut butters and some grains.
The general rule of thumb for women is to consume 1-1.5 grams of protein per one pound of body weight. If you weigh 10 stone that’s a minimum of 140 grams of protein per day.
If you’ve got bags of time to prepare all your meals to ensure they contain the correct amount of protein, then that’s great. But if you haven’t, supplementing is a brilliant way to supercharge those muscles, boost fat loss and improve your overall health.
Getting your protein from supplements is a much easier way of staying on plan and increasing your chances of success, as part of a balanced nutrition plan and varied exercise program. It also comes with a number of other benefits:
- Protein in powder form is extra low on the calorie front. It’s the lowest calorie way to get that important protein into your bodies
- Protein shakes suppress appetite, keeping you feeling fuller for longer
- A high protein diet is most effective for building muscle and losing fat – in particular that stubborn abdominal fat which just won’t go away otherwise
- Aids recovery after an intense workout and helps preserve muscle, which means you’ll be more likely to burn greater quantities of fat during exercise
- You’ll also get just the right amount of proteins, carbs and nutrients you need after a work-out, as all Protein Princess supplements contain just the right balance
- Ready-made blends for after a work-out, as a quick meal on the go or simply to secure your daily amount of proteins and stop you from snacking on those sweet or savoury treats!
Protein Princess supplements are made by women, especially for women. Our signature Complete Dietless Blend is a high protein, all-in-one meal replacement that has been fortified with natural vitamins and minerals to help women lose weight safely.
If you have any of your own secret weight loss tips, please share by commenting below.