28 Feb Using meal replacement shakes for weight loss
Using meal replacement shakes for weight loss
For some people, meal replacement shakes offer an easy and effective weight loss method. They can be especially useful when it comes to shedding the initial pounds you want to lose, before you start sculpting that body.
There are many meal replacement shakes on the market and it can be difficult to know which is the best for you. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the points to consider when deciding on the best meal replacement shakes for weight loss.
What is a meal replacement shake?
Simply put, a meal replacement shake is a shake you drink in place of a meal – usually instead of one or more of your main daily meals.
Because it is replacing a meal, it should contain the correct balance of essential nutrients, carbs, protein and fats, while offering a lighter, lower calorie option.
The benefits of meal replacement shakes
There are several benefits to using meal replacement shakes, and for many people they simplify the nutrition side of weight loss, so you know that you are still getting the right balance of nutrients for your body.
Good meal replacement shakes:
- Contain a healthy balance of all the nutrients you need to maintain good health
- Are fortified with vitamins and minerals
- Are quick and convenient – you can have a healthy balanced meal at any time of the day, including while you’re on the go
- Mean there is less need to think about or plan meals as the calorie counting has already been done for you
- You can still choose the meals that you prepare using food as normal
- Contain the right amount of protein, which, in addition to the other benefits of protein, also suppresses appetite so you feel fuller for longer
- The protein element also stabilises blood glucose levels to give you sustainable energy throughout the day and minimise sugar cravings
- Can be more effective as a weight loss plan as it is much easier to stick to
- Turns an otherwise unhealthy meal into a healthy one with minimal effort
- You can use it instead of breakfast, lunch or tea – whichever you struggle with most – or to fight cravings at supper time
What you need to know about meal replacement shakes
Make sure you choose a high-quality meal replacement shake and check the label before making your decision. Some contain artificial fillers and additives and high sugar levels. A good rule of thumb is the fewer ingredients it contains the better – especially when the ingredients are long words that are hard to pronounce.
The other potential problem with meal replacement shakes is that on their own they do little to help educate people about their eating habits and healthy eating. With most meal replacement diets, you are usually required to eat at least one normal meal per day, so it’s important to understand what that meal should consist of. This knowledge is also key to maintaining your new figure once you have achieved the desired weight loss using the shakes.
Protein Princess meal replacement shake is our Complete Dietless Blend. It is an all-in-one meal replacement shake made from premium whey isolate, that is high protein and fortified with natural vitamins and minerals to help women lose weight safely.
There is no need to take separate supplements as our Dietless Blend has been enriched with ingredients specifically designed to boost weight loss, such as Matcha green tea, Garcinina Cambogia, White Bean Extract and Chromium Picolinate. It only contains natural Stevia sugar and no fillers, additives or artificial sweeteners.
Taste is also an important factor in maintaining a meal replacement programme and we have worked hard to create enjoyable shakes in a variety of flavours.
Okay, we may be a little biased but we truly believe there is no other product like it on the market. If you think a meal replacement plan may be the way to go, you can try one of our Protein Princess sample portions to start your weight loss journey.